Bar Manager: Job Specification
We are a well -established country pub in one of the most beautiful villages in Mid-Wales. We have a great reputation locally for the food we serve daily in our restaurant. Our pub is busy with locals and visitors alike and we are looking for a creative Bar Manager who has experience of working in country pubs to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, weekends essential in this role.
Experience management: 2 years (Preferred)
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, an energetic leader and be able to deliver high standards of customer service. The perfect applicant will have an inspiring attitude, be hard-working, passionate and practical
- Working on the bar, occasional Front of House cover in our restaurant and generally looking after our customers.
- Keeping the bar and all service areas clean and tidy
- Shift management – taking responsibility for all staff on duty, building relationships with locals, dealing with any customer complaints or issues, and closing down the pub at the end of shifts.
- Organising the staff schedule to ensure the bar is covered appropriately. Covering any shortfall created due to absence or holiday.
- The successful candidate will adhere to all aspects of the Health and Safety policy, ensure H&S risk assessments are regularly undertaken and provide training to other members of staff.
- The successful candidate will be honest and trustworthy in handling the company’s finances and will ensure all cash handling procedures are strictly adhered to all times.
- Have strong bar and front of house experience.
- Be hardworking, flexible and committed
- Be proactive, hands-on, and happy to lead by example
- Have good leadership skills and a strong team ethic
- Have great customer service skills, and a genuine enjoyment of hospitality work
- Some management / supervisory experience preferable, equally the role would be suited to someone with very strong bar experience who is ready for the next challenge.
- Personal Licence desirable, but not essential.
Great hourly rate with opportunity for development
Salary: £12-£15p/hr pro rata dependent on experience
Transport necessary due to rural location
Apply for this position
Please complete the form below accurately and we will review your application, you should also upload your CV (PDF) along with a suitable covering letter (PDF) for the role you are interested in.