Very few people are lucky to receive an invitation to driven shooting and if you are one of those lucky individuals then you definitely want to accept it with both hands. If you wish to make the best out of the opportunity then there are a few important driven shooting start-up tips that you must be aware of. Here is a most useful guide on what you need to start driven shooting in the UK that will make you well prepared in advance:
- Don’t leave the invitation of your guest unanswered. If you have decided to accept the invitation to driven shooting then don’t ever think of cancelling it, except in unavoidable circumstances. Cancelling an invitation will affect your reputation badly and you may not receive any further invitations from the same guests.
- Once you have decided to give at least one try at shooting, get in touch with your guest to clarify your doubts. The questions mainly involve – is there any specific dress code you need to wear?, where will you be meeting?, do you need to bring your own food and more such generic questions.
- When it comes to important aspects such as shooting kit, make sure you prepare yourself well in advance. You need to make a checklist of all the items involved required, so you won’t miss anything on shooting day. Service your shotgun and other important equipment in the kit such as hearing protection, cartridge bag, walking boots, gloves, coat, wellies and glasses.
- Whether you are a novice shooter or an expert in the field, make sure that you attend couple of practice sessions in advance. This will allow you to get comfortable with your shooting instruments. If you find fault in any equipment you can fix it well ahead of your final shooting sessions.
- Insurance is a very important thing that you will need before attending any shooting rounds. Get in touch with a professional in your locality and carefully read through all the terms and conditions that come with your insurance policy.
- Before a shoot, brief yourself with specific rules such as signals given to load and unload the gun. Besides this, you also need to make yourself well acquainted with all the safety guidelines that must be followed at the shooting location.
- If you have a friend who has done driven shooting before then ask him what kind of advice they have to make the most of your experience and have a highly successful shoot. He will also share things that you need to avoid at the shooting location in order to make best out of your time.
Above mentioned driven shooting start-up tips will definitely help you to face your upcoming shooting session with lot of confidence. These instructions will help to boost your performance so that you can make your shooting day one of the most memorable days of your life.